It is an exciting time to be here at MetaKGP, a wiki by KGPians for KGPians. We are working on a ton of exciting projects for the community and are currently collecting feedback for courses that you have enrolled in at KGP. Helping the community is one of our top priorities and your feedback will be extremely valuable for future students. Please take a few minutes of your time to fill the form here.
From Metakgp Wiki
The Institute proposes to offer Micro-Specializations to UG students from the Spring Semester of the current Academic Session (2014-2015).
Micro Specialization Components
- Each Micro-Specialization has a defined structure in terms of three sequential components:
- Component-I – One Foundation Course (2-4 credits) that constitutes a Mandatory Requirement and also a Pre-Requisite for subsequent Components.
- Component-II- One/Two subjects (3-4 credits each) from a Specified list of subjects.
- Component-III- Project/Design/Term Paper (4 credits) OR one subject (4 credits) from a Specified list.
- A Student would be required to complete 3-4 subjects (10-14 credits) from the specified list in order to earn a Micro-Specialization.
- The subjects can be taken through the Breadth/Open Elective component of the curriculum or as Additional Subjects. If specified in the Micro-Specialization curriculum, the subject can also be taken as Micro-Credit/s.
- A student has to register for a Micro-Specialization. The Registration can be done at the beginning of any Semester beyond the first year.
- In order to register for a Micro-Specialization, the student must have completed all curricular requirements upto the previous semester and have a CGPA ≥ 7.0. Thereafter the student must maintain a CGPA or SGPA ≥ 7.5 without any Backlog in the subsequent semesters to keep the Micro-Specialization registration active.
- GPA for the subjects contributing to the Micro-Specialization will be separately calculated. A minimum GPA of 6.00 is essential to earn the Micro-Specialization.