To quickly get started on Windows, see the Windows Quick Start Guide.
Current hub IP
Note: If you update this IP, please sign.
Install a DC client
- DC++ is one of the most popular DC clients (Windows).The official website is blocked so use this link to download.
- Linux DC++ is built on top of the DC++ core, and has a GTK+ interface (Linux).
- EiskaltDC++ is a cross-platform DC client (Windows, Linux and OS X).
- ncdc is a lightweight ncurses based DC client (Linux and OS X).
- ShakesPeer is a DC++ client that runs on Mac OS X with a native Aqua GUI (Mac OS X 10.4 or later)
Connect to a hub
- Read your DC client's documentation to figure out how to connect to a hub. GUI clients might have a button to do this easily.
- Find out the IP of the hub you want to connect to. HHFH usually updates its IP on its Facebook page.
- If you are using Windows, allow your DC client through firewall.
- Always operate your DC client in Active mode.
Windows Quick Start Guide
This guide is the simplest way to connect to [HiT Hi FiT Hai], a DC hub, on Windows. Other clients and platforms will be similar.
- Download and install DC++.
- Open DC++, go to File >> Settings >> Personal Information. Type any nick name. Press Enter. Other details are not mandatory.
- Go to File >> Sharing >> add folder option. Add at least 100 GB of data so as to search and download from DC.
- Wait for sometime for hashing to complete. Then restart DC++.
- Click on Quick Connect or press Ctrl+Q and enter Hub address.
- You can now use DC++, you can also change download location from settings but remember to share your DC Download folder.
If you don't have enough files
Disclaimer : It is recommended that you don't use fake file and share proper content. This method might get you banned.
- Press Window+R, write cmd and press enter.
- If you want to change your current location to suitable location using 'cd' command. Example : cd C:\\Users\Default
- Now, type "fsutil file create filename length" without inverted commas , replace filename with the any other random non-common name and replace length with file size ( in bytes )
Example : fsutil file create file.txt 108000000000
Share this file from settings. Now you can access DC++, so download books, movies, games ,softwares. Once you have gathered more than 100 GB of data, delete your fake file.
- Note: Delete your fake file as soon as possible, else you may be banned permanently from Hub.
* Minimum limit for connecting is: 0 GiB. For searching and downloading: 100 GiB for now.
* Sharing porn/linking-to-files-on DC which are marked NSFW is strictly prohibited.
* Don't use offensive language in common chat room. Don't spam in common chat room. Help us make it a safe/riskfree hub for everyone.
* Fake Sharing is NOT allowed here. Anybody found sharing fake will be banned immediately.
* Don't share crap like Windows and Program Files directory. You can be banned for 1-3 hours.
* NO upload limiting is allowed here (can be banned for this).
* Add your Name Tags only at the end of filename and not before it.
Linux Quick Start Guide
- One of the most common issue is DC++ not allowing users to stuff when in passive mode, so goto Setting > Connectivity > Manual configuration and select Active Mode, now restart the client to download stuff.
- "Which campus has highest total share and users on DC++ in India?". Quora. Retrieved May 1, 2015.