It is an exciting time to be here at MetaKGP, a wiki by KGPians for KGPians. We are working on a ton of exciting projects for the community and are currently collecting feedback for courses that you have enrolled in at KGP. Helping the community is one of our top priorities and your feedback will be extremely valuable for future students. Please take a few minutes of your time to fill the form here.
To quickly get started on Windows, see the Windows Quick Start Guide.
Current hub IP
The current HHFH hub IP is 10.109.59.59 as of July 20, 2017.
Note: If you update this IP, please sign.
Install a DC client
- DC++ is one of the most popular DC clients (Windows).The official website is blocked so use this link to download.
- Linux DC++ is built on top of the DC++ core, and has a GTK+ interface (Linux).
- EiskaltDC++ is a cross-platform DC client (Windows, Linux and OS X).
- ncdc is a lightweight ncurses based DC client (Linux and OS X).
- ShakesPeer is a DC++ client that runs on Mac OS X with a native Aqua GUI (Mac OS X 10.4 or later)
Connect to a hub
- Read your DC client's documentation to figure out how to connect to a hub. GUI clients might have a button to do this easily.
- Find out the IP of the hub you want to connect to. HHFH usually updates its IP on its Facebook page.
- If you are using Windows, allow your DC client through firewall.
- Always operate your DC client in Active mode.
Windows Quick Start Guide
This guide is the simplest way to connect to [HiT Hi FiT Hai], a DC hub, on Windows. Other clients and platforms will be similar.
- Download and install DC++.
- Open DC++, go to File >> Settings >> Personal Information. Type any nick name. Press Enter. Other details are not mandatory.
- Go to File >> Sharing >> add folder option. Add at least 100 GB of data so as to search and download from DC.
- Wait for sometime for hashing to complete. Then restart DC++.
- Click on Quick Connect or press Ctrl+Q and enter Hub address.
- You can now use DC++, you can also change download location from settings but remember to share your DC Download folder.
If you don't have enough files
Disclaimer : It is recommended that you don't use fake file and share proper content. This method might get you banned.
- Press Window+R, write cmd and press enter.
- If you want to change your current location to suitable location using 'cd' command. Example : cd C:\\Users\Default
- Now, type "fsutil file create filename length" without inverted commas , replace filename with the any other random non-common name and replace length with file size ( in bytes )
Example : fsutil file create file.txt 108000000000
Share this file from settings. Now you can access DC++, so download books, movies, games ,softwares. Once you have gathered more than 100 GB of data, delete your fake file.
- Note: Delete your fake file as soon as possible, else you may be banned permanently from Hub.
* Minimum limit for connecting is: 0 GiB. For searching and downloading: 100 GiB for now.
* Sharing porn/linking-to-files-on DC which are marked NSFW is strictly prohibited.
* Don't use offensive language in common chat room. Don't spam in common chat room. Help us make it a safe/riskfree hub for everyone.
* Fake Sharing is NOT allowed here. Anybody found sharing fake will be banned immediately.
* Don't share crap like Windows and Program Files directory. You can be banned for 1-3 hours.
* NO upload limiting is allowed here (can be banned for this).
* Add your Name Tags only at the end of filename and not before it.
Linux Quick Start Guide
- One of the most common issue is DC++ not allowing users to stuff when in passive mode, so go to Setting > Connectivity > Manual configuration and select Active Mode, now restart the client to download stuff.
- In case you are unable to solve your issue, feel free to message the Facebook page to get it resolved.
- "Which campus has highest total share and users on DC++ in India?". Quora. Retrieved May 1, 2015.