|Metakgp is a wiki by KGPians for KGPians. Click here to learn how you can help.|
HiT Hi FiT Hai
History[edit | edit source]
|This section requires expansion.|
Terminology[edit | edit source]
- HHFH: Abbreviation of HiT Hi FiT Hai.
- Mirror: Mirroring means sharing the files that you have downloaded from DC. It is expected from all the users that they mirror all the stuff. This is the easiest way to contribute to HHFH.
- Leecher: Those users who have a negative effect on the DC network by having a very poor share ratio, downloading much more than they upload. Leeches don't leave their DC client open to mirror the file after their download has completed. Some leeches intentionally avoid uploading by using modified clients or excessively limiting their upload speed.
- Uptime: Time period for which a user is online.
- DC MC: Stands for DC main chat.
- Magnet: Magnets exists only for files and not for directories. Different files have different magnets, same files have same magnets. Right click on any file and select Copy magnet link.
- Mods: They are the moderators of HHFH. Ask on DC MC for more info.
Nick registration[edit | edit source]
You can register your nick with a password. Registrations are generally opened on weekends.
Registered users can:
- Chat on main chat.
- Add requests for any stuff.
- Access Buy and Sell.
[edit | edit source]
The minimum file share is set to 0 GiB for a short while when a new college term starts, to allow students to build up their share. After this initial period, a minimum file share size is imposed with the aim of increasing the availability and replication of files shared (mirroring). Users with a file share size less than this limit cannot search or download files, but can still access other features.
The current minimum file share size is 100 GiB.
Features and User Commands[edit | edit source]
- Offline message to user : If a user is offline, message to them can be sent via this command. Nick of the user must be known to use this command.
- File report : Fake/Misnamed/Personal/Program files can be reported via this command to VIPs. Enter the magnet of the file and mention why this file is reported.
- Registration : This command helps user to register a new nick, change password of existing nick and delete an existing nick. Registrations are generally opened on weekends, watch out for Hub Topic to know when registrations are open.
- Chat History : Retrieve upto 100 recent messages of main chat. Alternatively, '+history x' can be typed in main chat, where x=[1,100].
- Guestbook : Express views about HHFH. Can be used to view previous entries and add new entries.
- Buy and Sell : View, add or delete any buy or sell requests.
- Requests : There are 3 options, namely view, add and handle. Add requests for any stuff that is not available on DC++. It is advised to search at least 3-4 times at different timings before adding a request. Notify the user who requested about the status of their requested item via Handle command.
- Suggestions : Recommend stuff to fellow users.
- News : News forum of HHFH.
- Thing Delete : Notify fellow users before deleting an unique stuff that you have. Fellow users are recommended to mirror that stuff.
- Browsing the latest content with single command / single click.
- Four separate chatrooms supporting anonymous chats, user subscription, listing subscribed users, denying messages from unsubscribed users, message logging and Individual chat history.
- You can access the latest database of HHFH in your DC client or in the browser at HHFH webpage (the proxy needs to be bypassed). "Bhaat forums" are also hosted at the same IP.
- In case of LAN port failure or any other similar reasons, temp accounts (temp, temp1, ... temp9) can be used to connect to the hub via Wi-Fi.
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
- Search for alternatives: Right-click on any file and select 'search for alternatives' option to find other sources of same file.
- Browse/Get file list: Right-click on any file and select 'Browse file list' to see location of file. Use this to see the folder in which the file exists, this will help you find other files related to it.
- Spy Search: Use this to see what fellow users are searching.
- Private message (PM): Right click on a username and select 'Send private message' to chat with that user. Only you and that user can see this chat.
- Mirroring is the easiest way to not get banned.
- Give autoslots to favourite users. Right click on a username and select add to favourites, then open favourite users tab to give autoslots.
Contributing[edit | edit source]
HHFH runs on PtokaX DC Hub. PtokaX DC Hub is a multi-platform server application for Neo-Modus Direct Connect (NMDC) Peer-To-Peer sharing network. You can contribute to HHFH on github . You can also contribute to HHFH by adding content to the latest database.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Mirror Mirror on the Fall : The Story of Hit Hi FiT Hai". The Scholars' Avenue. March 15, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Verified by Icyflame on 2016-08-25.